Between April 27 and August 10, UPark UMC’s Senior Pastor, Rev. Paul Kottke, presented a sermon series of nine sermons based on a book entitled, Living the Questions – The Wisdom of Progressive Christianity by David Felten and Jeff Procter-Murphy. Rev. Kottke shares in his first sermon, “I will be doing a series of sermons addressing what it means to be a church that is committed to a Progressive Christian Theology in the context of the 21st Century.” He goes on to say, “A Progressive Christianity is not about identifying the “correct” answer as much as it is about a process of engaging authentic questions of faith.” Below are links to appreciate the sermon series.
- April 27 – Taking the Bible Seriously (pdf)
- May 11 – Thinking Theologically (pdf)
- May 25 – Restoring Relationships – A Case for Atonement (pdf)
- June 1 – Evil, Suffering, and a God of Love (pdf)
- June 8 – Honoring Creation – Debunking the Rapture (pdf)
- June 29 – God’s Realm Without Walls (pdf)
- July 13 – Prayer – Intimacy with the Source of Life (pdf)
- July 20 – Incarnation – Divinely Human (pdf)
- August 10 – Creative Transformation – Embracing Mystery (pdf)
A Spirit‐Led Merger of Two Streams of Ministry (pdf)
University Park United Methodist Church & Evanston United Methodist Church
Jo Morgan, Lay Leader ‐ June 2014
Summer Sunday Worship Schedule
As Paul noted, we will continue having three services throughout the summer with the following exceptions:
- Sunday, August 31, only one Unified Service at 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary.
The summer services will be the 8:30 AM informal in Wasser Chapel; the 10:30 AM Peniel in Wasser Chapel; and, the 11:00 AM traditional in the Sanctuary. We will offer one Adult Sunday school class through these same dates scheduled for 9:30 AM.
Then Kick-Off Sunday is September 7, when we begin our Sunday school year and resume our regular programming.
- North side of the church are three parking lots
- Street parking throughout the neighborhood
- Sunday mornings only free parking is available in the underground parking structure for the Daniels School of Business [University of Denver] directly west of the church. The structure entrance is on the north end of the Daniels, off of University Blvd [by the fire hydrant and bus bench]
- Handicap parking is available off the street [E. Warren Ave.] directly south of the church. This location is reserved for handicap parking only.