An ancient/future story! A story that we have heard so many times, we really stop listening because we assume we have heard all the possible angles that there are to hear. And yet it is a story that amazingly continues to speak to people in surprising ways, in life transforming ways. How might it speak to us this season?
My first affirmation is that true Easter is a season of the heart and not determined by a liturgical calendar. This is the same for the wilderness wanderings of Lent. For some, they have found themselves in season of struggle for years. I find it fascinating that this was true for Mother Theresa. The greater portion of her adult life, she felt a deep and profound separation from God. But she never doubted the Easter story. She knew that New Life was possible. Indeed, that New Life was God’s will for us.
Holy Week and Easter Schedule
Easter Sunday, April 20, Celebration of New Life
- 6:30 am, Sunrise service on the DU Campus in the courtyard at Evans Chapel
- 9:00 am & 11:00 am, in Sanctuary
- 7:45-10:45 am, Youth Fundraising Breakfast in East Fellowship Hall
- 10:15 am, Easter Egg Hunt for children ages newborn through 5th grade
- North side of the church are three parking lots
- Street parking throughout the neighborhood
- Sunday mornings only free parking is available in the underground parking structure for the Daniels School of Business [University of Denver] directly west of the church. The structure entrance is on the north end of the Daniels, off of University Blvd [by the fire hydrant and bus bench]
- Handicap parking is available off the street [E. Warren Ave.] directly south of the church. This location is reserved for handicap parking only.